A beautiful soul sister introduced me to the Latifa Meditation and I so loved the explenaition of the seven qualities and how this meditation combines the power of your voice and energetic body work.
What is a Latifa Meditation
Latifa is a meditation practice based on Sufism. This beautiful meditation focuses on seven qualities that are meant to bring you into deep connection with your inner selves. These seven qualities are: acceptance, yearning, hope, faith, surrender, love, and freewill. Each of these qualities is associated with a specific place on your body, such as the heart or the lungs.
The Latifa meditation can be a beautiful way to connect with your desires, hopes, and fears, and to harmonize them and bring all back to your inner core. Through this practice, you may experience a sense of inner peace and strength, as well as new insights and transformative change. To practice Latifa, one needs to find a quiet moment and a comfortable position, such as sitting, standing, or lying down. The meditation involves focusing on each of the seven qualities, with the left hand guiding the right hand to the associated place on the body, while speaking the affirmation and focusing on breathing.
Latifa can be an empowering tool that can support you to connect with your inner selve to initiate the meaningful change you desire to create the life of your dreams.
The seven qualities in the Latifa meditation are
Acceptance: Accepting your life, body, and differences between wish and reality
Yearning: Connecting with things not yet present in your life
Hope: Trusting in the future and being open to possibilities
Faith: Trusting in yourself, others, and a higher power
Surrender: Letting go of fear and control to find freedom
Love: Connecting with love for yourself, others, and the world
Freewill: Having the readiness to live life and let love flow through you
A step-by-step guide for the Latifa meditation
This step-by-step guide gives you a basic structure for practicing Latifa meditation. Know there is no right or wrong way to do it, follow your inner guidance, while connecting with the specific places on your body and the affirmations of the seven qualities.
- Find a quiet and comfortable place to sit, stand, or lie down where you will not be disturbed, make sure you are warm and comfortable.
- Close your eyes, take a few deep breaths and relax your body by following the natural rhytm of your breath for a while.
- Acceptance: Place your left hand over your left hip, and your right hand on top of your left hand. Speak the affirmation, "I am" and focus on accepting your life, your body, your voice, and the space you are taking. Embrace life with everything that belongs to it.
- Yearning: Move your right hand to your right hip, and repeat the affirmation, "I yearn" Connect yourself with the things not existing in your life, and focus on what you yearn for in this moment.
- Hope: Move your right hand to your left lung, and repeat the affirmation, "I hope" Focus on hoping for something, for someone, and dare to be vulnerable.
- Faith: Move your right hand to your right lung, and repeat the affirmation, "I trust" Focus on trusting yourself, others, and something. Build a deep trust and know that everything will be fine.
- Surrender: Move your right hand to your throat, and repeat the affirmation, "I let go and surrender" Focus on letting go of ideas, ideals, wishes, or even people. Breathe freely and rediscover your voice.
- Love: Move your right hand above your heart, and repeat the affirmation, "I love" Connect with your heart and listen to it, and focus on loving yourself, others, and the world.
- Freewill: Move your right hand just above your navel, and repeat the affirmation, "I am ready" Focus on knowing what you really want and getting ready to receive and give.
- Take all the time you desire within these beautiful frequencies, keep your hands relaxed in your lap or beside your body for a few moments. Being present with whatever wants to reveal itself to you.
- When you are ready, you can slowly move your body, take a deep breath and then open your eyes.
Journaling for integration
Journaling: a beautiful way to anchor all the energy and inspiration you just received is through journaling, writing down everything that you become aware of; the inner shifts, resistance, release, flow, inspiration. What popped up with the different Affirmations? What did you body share with you? Your energy?
Keys of inspiration
When my dear soul sister shared this meditation with me yesterday and while I learned more about the beautiful message with the affirmations and body connection, I immediatly felt inspirered to also share this with you.
As I shared in a previous blog post, there are many beautiful tools that can support you on your evolutionary journey, it is finding the one that resonates with you, collecting inspirational and empowering keys as you go.
What you will also might discover that these keys are combinations of different teachings, as you are coming home to the uniqueness that is you!